Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Paintings that vibrate



    
My friend Peter Lodato just had a show of his paintings at the William Turner Gallery in Bergamot Station.   Peter has been meditating for years and I feel the vibration in his work is probably similar to his experiences while in mediatation.   I have an earlier work that is a corner of  a room and what is so deceiving about his seeming minimalist work  is that there is so much  life and energy in it.  It still fascinates me after all of these years.  He first started with architecture , then moved to rooms which then  morphed into doorways as seen on top.  I'm not sure what these stripes represent, I've never asked him, but these are the only paintings of stripes that I have ever liked.  Some people have even felt dizzy looking at ones like the bottom one.

No comments:

Post a Comment